Over the past couple of years, drones have been taking over the world and gaining major popularity. For the most part, people have been falling in love with many of the ready-to-fly consumer drones that are in the market, such as the DJI Phantom 4 or the Parrot Bebop.
For those who are new to the Drones should know that Drones are what in short is an UAVs or an unmanned Aerial vehicles, which can scale the depths and breadths of the land and air for a relatively cheap price. Most of the popular consumer drones come attached with amazing HD cameras which can take amazing, award-winning photographs.
And I am a big fan of all types of drones, but true die-hard drone fanatics have always had a love for DIY Drone Kits!
DIY drones are the variations of drones which you can customize according to your needs and build it completely from scratch. DIY means Do It Yourself. There are various variations of the DIY drones but in this post, we are going to tell you the best three varieties which you can make, customize and own for yourself. The first DIY variation came in the form of quadcopter which
The first DIY variation comes in the form of quadcopter which is very easy to build and assemble with their different parts and gadgets. Quadcopters were a craze even four years ago for their simplicity and adjustable features but now there are many new variations which have been added to the variety of DIYs.
3) OCDAY H250
If you are a newbie to DIY Drones then you should consider buying the OCDAY H250. It comes at a comparatively lower price and also less hassle in building up because though it is still a DIY drone, it comes pre-assembled out the box. You can add to its build with a few simple steps and make it ready to use. So if you are comparatively of an older generation or just new to drones and don’t understand the complexities of the new technology but are fascinated by the idea of using a DIY drone then this is your choice.
If you want to gift your kid the First DIY drone of his life, choose this one.
- It already comes with a ready build structure and is easy to use for those who are new to the idea of assembling a drone.
- The Price tag is within reach.
- It is not highly customizable
- Not very alluring for the sophisticated user and not a favorite to be used for more complicated tasks
2) EMAX Nighthawk FPV Quadcopter Kit
The EMAX Nighthawk FPV Quadcopter kit is an all time favorite. It is a highly customizable kit which comes disassembled with a lot of moving parts and you’ll have to assemble it according to your needs, which is half of the fun of DIY drones. As is evident from the name it has high power sensing light which can take pictures and work even in the darkest of environments and it has a solid, durable, and stable frame. It is a favorite with the drone pilots and everybody else who are a little bit used to the complexities of drone technology.
- Highly sophisticated and go to any depth and breadth of the earth and sky
- Very adjustable to use
- Comparatively higher price range
- Complex to assemble and use and is best used by people who has knowledge of Drone assembling
1) LHI 220 Quadcopter Kit
LHI 220 Quadcopter Kit: This is one of the top rated DIY drones among serious drone pilots. It comes with all part unassembled and of higher quality. And compared to the other DIY drones on the list it is of a newer and more sophisticated make. And since this kit is made for pro-drone pilots you will have to assemble the parts of the drones all by yourself and you will be able to re-adjust it in as many ways as you want.
- it is skillful in complex of task and highly flexible to use. You can use to fit a camera or any high sensitive gadget in any of its part and customize it according to your needs.
- It is preferred by the most expert drone users who want their device to be made their own way.
- If you want to be an innovative individual at your trade and keep the integrities a secret, this is the drone for you.
- Comparatively high price tag and requires in depth knowledge of using the drone
- Complex in assemblage and technology
So whether you are in aerospace, science, archaeology, film making, medicine or in a host of other professions racking your head on how to explore and get through those complex areas of your field which is beyond your reach. And for some weird reason you want to use a DIY drone rather than a consumer drone, then you can definitely find the perfect drone here. All you need to do is do some homework and find out which DIY drone will suit your needs.
Then go out there and prove to everybody that you know your stuff about drones!