[Visual Infographic] The 230+ Year History Of Drones!
You’ve probably already heard about the incredible drone revolution because obviously, you’re on this site for a reason – these little flying pieces of technology keep getting plenty of coverage and hitting the headlines in all sorts of ways. Whether it’s drone racing leagues, innovative uses of drones or how they’ve become central to spectacular entertainment shows– drones are everywhere!
As drones become ever more popular, they follow the demand and supply laws of the economy. As the volumes of drones sold increases, their price comes down, their technology becomes better and simply put, they become more accessible to everyone! And that’s what’s been driving the popularity explosion! One of the latest trends we’ve seen are drones which take selfies!
But the commercial and consumer drone revolution has both an interesting, a curious and even a more scary past – the history of drones is has seen plenty of twists and turns.
It’s fascinating to read and understand how drones technology has evolved about and how it has improved and changed over the years. Quite a lot of different mechanics had to come together to eventually enable the current version of drones and quadcopters.
And, like most pieces of technology, a large part of their research and development came from military use, with the technology then trickling down into normal use.
The following Infographic from DronesBuy is a full picture which shows drones’ history and the evolution along the way, from the initial unmanned balloon flight to today’s usage of consumer, commercial and military drones.
Still not curious? Let’s ask you a few questions to tease you!
- Did you know that the first unmanned vehicle flight took place in a hot air balloon?
- Drones were first used in the military in 1848 in Austria?
- Tesla (the inventor) was crucial to some of the technology used in the evolution of the history of drones?
- Did you know that the first drone with a “photography” capabilities was used at the end of the 19th century?
- Did you know that these days drones are being used in drone racing leagues – where racers use small, fast drones to navigate specific race circuits?
- And what’s next for drones? A curb on their usage? Or a dizzying explosion in popularity thanks to “selfie drones” ?
Have a look at the infographic below, or click the infographic to read the full article on the history of drones.